Friday, April 30, 2010

Is Everybody Happy?

Was very happy to see Mrs. Bluebird happily peeking out of her nest box. I hope the war has been won! Had seen her earlier foraging on the ground as well as her husband, Mr. B. looking very blue in a nearby tree. I'll take this as a good sign.

Also saw a family of tree swallows in their chosen box down near the entrance to the lower gardens in one of Brian's boxes where we initially thought some chickadees might move in. I guess they went elsewhere.

The upper and lower gardens were alive with goldfinches, house wrens, song sparrows, robins etc. I did see one lone yellow-rumped in a tree. The wrens are in full force, singing all over the place. I am awaiting my first yellow warbler of the season. I saw on the Newton Birding blog that Scott has seen one at least a week ago at City Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment