Saturday, November 21, 2009

Our Regulars


It was about 42 degrees this morning and clear. I got to the park around 7:30 or so. Lots and lots of juncos and chickadees. I heard a chit chit call from one junco to another that was new for me. I've only been familiar with their little twittering noises so that was kind of fun.

Nothing terribly exciting today - goldfinches, song sparrows, American tree sparrows, mockingbirds, nuthatches, a few robins and blue jays. The herds of robins I saw before weren't there today. They must have been passing through. I really like this painted gate in the upper gardens (photo right).

Down near the river were titmice, downy woodpeckers, cardinals, juncos and chickadees.

Checked out the meadow. Mostly  juncos and chickadees. I love this view of the JCC from there. Haynes is right though. It is turning into something other than a meadow. We may want to talk to someone about that. I ran into Haynes on my way out. He hadn't been there long. I'll be curious to see what he sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment